Sep 17 , 2021
The Eight Best Health Coach Apps to Use with Your Clients
Health coaching is a business, and running a business involves lots of moving parts. Many of these parts are easy to overlook or forget completely, especially if you’ve never had a business before.
The clerical side of owning your own business usually involves scheduling appointments, sending invoices, corresponding with insurance companies, and doing your own marketing. So when are you supposed to find the time to actually coach? Don’t worry – you're not alone, and there are plenty of ways to find support as a Health Coach.
IIN’s Health Coach Training Program is set up to support graduates in their pursuit of a wellness career, providing tools and resources to help build their businesses post-graduation. The premade session forms, website and coaching program templates, and IINBiz marketing platform are all important resources to guide new Health Coaches in getting their businesses up and running. In addition to these resources, Health Coaches can explore other ways to dive into building and growing their business.
Going digital is one way to keep your business more organized. By utilizing certain phone apps, you can access your to-do lists, your reminders, your appointments, and everything else while on your phone and other devices. These apps are designed to make your life easier and give you back time to do what you’re passionate about: coaching.
We’ve compared* eight apps based on:
- Key features
- Customer reviews
*The Institute for Integrative Nutrition has no affiliation with any of the apps mentioned in this blog post and receives no compensation for featuring them.
The Eight Best Apps for Health Coaches
Healthie is an all-in-one practice-management platform created with Health Coaches and wellness entrepreneurs in mind. Healthie offers a platform to house client records, schedule appointments, video chat with clients, and handle billing. Coaches can work with clients to create their wellness goals, set reminders and get encouragement, and track their progress through the Healthie app.
- Group and one-on-one video chat functionality
- HIPAA, PIPEDA, and GDPR compliance
- Client charts you can customize with your branding and logo
- Secure storage of credit cards in order to process client payments
- Integration with a variety of wearable health trackers, like Fitbit and Apple Watches
- Various appointment types, syncing with existing calendar, and automated appointment reminders
- Ability to record and share your own videos and webinars
Pricing: $29 per month, for individual coaches; up to $149 per month, for businesses with multiple coaches
Customer reviews: 4.6/5 on the App Store, 3.8/5 on Google Play
2. Mindbody Business
The Mindbody Business app simplifies your workday with built-in automation and marketing tools. Mindbody allows you to either work directly within the Mindbody app or develop your own custom app for clients to use.
- Setup of automatic recurring payments and reminders
- Connection to your website and social media pages for easy appointment scheduling
- HIPAA and PCI compliance
- An automated messaging system that works as an AI receptionist to answer questions and book appointments
- Built-in marketing and promotional tools
- Comprehensive reporting tool for sales, new clients, retention rates, and more
Pricing: $139 per month, for the Starter plan; offers an Accelerate plan ($279/month), an Ultimate plan ($499/month), and an Ultimate Plus plan ($699/month)
Customer reviews: 4.6/5 on the App Store, 2.6/5 on Google Play
3. My PT Hub
My PT Hub enables Health Coaches to manage their businesses by creating customizable training. For coaches with nutrition backgrounds, My PT Hub can also be used to plan nutrition programs. The app offers unlimited custom workouts and nutrition plans, and it allows for as many clients as you can handle. My PT Hub also helps both coaches and clients to track progress, and it keeps communication open.
- A wide variety of client-focused features, including progress photos, medical information, and instant chat
- Apple Watch, Fitbit and Google Fit integration
- Creation of secure, recurring payment plans and invoices
- Branded push notifications to keep clients on track
- “Recent Activity Feed,” to stay current with client activities
Pricing: $20 per month, for a standard plan; $49 per month, for the premium plan
Customer reviews: 4.1/5 on the App Store, 3.9/5 on Google Play
A new player in the Health Coach app game, Quenza gives coaches the flexibility to design their own programs from scratch. Quenza includes a range of features to build client engagement, including email reminders, live chat, and real-time client progress tracking.
- Ability to customize emails and client interface with your branding, including your logo
- Secure client-coach communication channels
- Full multimedia support for coaches who provide tutorials via video, photo, text, and podcast
- Goal-setting tools that are completely customizable
- Availability in 16 different languages
- HIPAA and GDPR compliance